Are you in need of IBM Domino /
Notes / XPages development help ?
Do you have projects that require a Notes developer but you have no suitable resource
on staff ?
I have helped a number of companies in that same situation.
If you would like more details about the type of work I have completed, please drop
me an email.
Please contact me if you think I may be able to help
How can an IBM Domino Application
help your business?, imagine the following generic scenario...
Your company sells
a product or delivers a service.
You acquire raw materials (or services) from suppliers;
You add value to this
aquisition and create your
own product / service
Sales staff sell the product or service to your customers and are
supported by a "home office" staff.
We can organize some possible
Domino databases using this scenario as follows:
Managing the relationship
with your Suppliers:
- Managing the supply chain - Service levels and metrics.
- Delivery schedules.
- Invoice and Payment communications
Managing the relationship
with your Customers:
- Prospects / Customers: Contact
- Sales and Leads tracking
- Public Relations / Advertising,
Marketing / Media Tracking
- Brochures sent
- Proposals Library
- Customer responses (Eliminate the
"I'll get back to you").
- Case by case Management
- Call tracking
- Customer surveys
- Tracking complaints
- Improved Collection Processes.
Managing the Sales Force
and Office Staff:
- Sales Force management. By Region etc.
- Management by exception. Flagging
problem clients, problem regions etc.
- Remote working (At home, on the road)
- Office Support - Staff management.
- Time-sheets mailed for approval and
submission to payroll.
- Expense Reporting
Enabling all staff to work
reducing inter office emails
reducing inter office phone calls
reducing inter office meetings
- Commitment coordination - A series of
conversations for action. Requests and conditions of satisfaction.
- Request tracking
- Workflow - Tracking all tasks -
Original Projections, Estimated and Actual
- Meetings Agendas, minutes, including
actions agreed upon and decisions made.
- Group Calendar
- Whereabouts information
- Employee information (Phone #s etc.)
- Discussion databases (i.e. best
- Information Distribution
- Expense reporting (Sales force
communicating to finance)
- Resources and (conference) Room
- Personal Information Managers
Managing the product:
- Project management
- Total Quality management / Quality
- Shipping tracking (port management)
- Product information
- Technical manuals
- Technical Standards
- Market watch, Competitors activity.
- New Product Development
- Product Management
- Regulatory Approval for New Products
- Images of product line (digital
- White papers
The corporate culture:
- Human Resources
- Job postings
- Office Policy / Benefits management
- Performance Reviews
- Training administration / course
- Organizational memory
- Group/Team memory
You learn from your mistakes ..
....but in order to learn from them, you've got to remember that you
Anything worth doing is worth doing badly at first
- Business Redesign Discussions
- Merges/Acquisitions management
- Information retrieval /management
- Document retrieval / libraries
- Knowledge sharing
- Discussions (Anonymous questions and
- Corporate Phone Directory
- Corporate gazette.
- Senior leadership discussion
- Company Policy
- Asset tracking
- Strengths, weaknesses, Opportunities,